Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marching in ...


Hey, Friends!
I really didn’t expect y’all to pay such close attention to my toes in the last post… Just a quick recolor job and as I now see with clear topcoat all around!  But glad you like the color, too.  It came from Sally’s, called Sally-Girl.  The bottle doesn’t have a color name, but I think it’s Metal Metallic Gray from what I see on their site.  It’s been so long now, it’s time to do them again!

Yesterday was such a great day!  Several friends from the PALS group had a stitching get-together day at French Hens in Manning, hosted by Amy from Down Sunshine Lane.  There were a few photos taken, but not a one by me!  I had my phone and camera, but was lazy!  Good food and sweet tea, fun chatter and laughs, lots of inspiration, and even a few stitches!
 
Nicole was fretting over the ‘red’ colors in her Christmas Garden, but I thought it was lovely seems perfect with the greens to give a bit of ‘time worn’ look which I love!  We pondered, as usual, the differences of dye lots for over-dyed cottons.  Here’s a look at my fibers, which I thought were a couple shades darker than hers.  What do you think?  

Karen was stitching a BBD piece that was nearly finished.  Of course she will have it whipped out in no time flat for her Challenge.  That girl can get’em done, can’t she?  Even with her darling paper crafts taking some of her ‘free’ time.  We talked about her next big a** project, which has sent me on the hunt! I’ll wait to not spoil her fun and let her tell you about it.  We also agreed that using DMC was always good for some projects.

I worked on La-D-Da, Love Birds.  It needed a few more strands, but got it finished. 

On the drive home I went by to have dinner with DS at one of the best barbeque places Hudson’s.  It was just before the dinner rush of standing in line as they were when we left.  One thing he said was missing from the buffet was shrimp & grits, but don’t know that I could have held it since I couldn’t even get any cobbler for dessert.

Guess that’s enough for today off to stitch on a new project for March!    
I'm always thankful for your kind words and comments!

I'm grateful for clear, sunny weather for driving.
PeaceëLoveëJoy
and Happy Stitching
CharleneSC

19 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day. Your La-D-Da birds are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day! Dye lots can be tricky, can't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice that you had a day with the girls. Love your Love Birds WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Charlene you must have stitched in your sleep! You certainly got a lot done and should be done in the blink of an eye. So nice stitching with you yesterday and hope to see you soon at the Stitch N Frame.

    Now I have a hankering for BBQ.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a fantastic day to me! Love Birds is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure did miss you guys yesterday.....Let me know if the next date has been set and I will try my best to grab Linda and get there! Your LaDDa is looking great.....I know Karen and Nicole were in rare form!hahaha....Have a great week and thanks again for your sweet comments about sending prayers for mom.....Always, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a fun day, Charlene!! It is always so wonderful to get together with stitching friends...and you seem to have a nice group down your way :)

    Your Love Birds is so pretty and how nice that the day ended with BBQ with your son!!

    Have a wonderful week--I'm sure it will be an extra warm one in SC as it is going to be in the 60s and 70s here! Amazing for March :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stitching get together's are soooo much fun ... love the piece you are working on and yes dye lots do vary don't they ... glad you had a lovely end to the day too :)
    love that la d da chart you are working on as well :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Love Birds looks fab, Charlene! What a sweet finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are the first blogger to finish Love Birds that I have ssen, and it is a very nice finish I might add! Stitching with friends is always good! Glad you had a wonderful day filled with friends and family! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad it was a good day - one day I hope to make it again! Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Christmas Garden and your's will be as lovely as Nicole's. She stitches so fast! I have it in my stash to do but not on 40 ct.
    Glad you had fun in Manning. I am just now recovering from the dreaded whatever that started in January.
    Can't wait to see what you and Karen are going to stitch on next!

    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your birds look very pretty. I love the colours/shades for your Christmas Garden. Wish I lived closer (a lot closer) so I could attend a stitch in with you all, it sounds like you all had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I love your birds - very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you enjoyed your day with friends!
    Beautiful stitching on Love Birds.
    Barbeque and cobbler sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like ya'll had a good time. I hope to get to another stitch in sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Christmas Garden is so pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing you working on it.

    Your La D Da is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. BBQ and stitching with friends, what a nice way to spend a day! Love those love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love birds is awesome - I love this design !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...