Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

February sends Valentines


Hey, Friends!
My DS was on vacation this week, so he came to visit and help my Mom get her driveway in order – it was almost ready for big truck mudslinging.  He cooked brisket for Reuben one night – juicy and delicious.  We were going out one night, but Nan wanted to cook so she made honey chicken wings with lots of sides.  My poor tummy hasn’t been the same with all the fast food missing from my diet!  Notice I didn’t have a night… the going out part was mine - LoL.  He left for Iowa to visit a friend on Friday.  I’m sure you all know this, but I don’t have many loved ones flying about.  I went online to see if his flight took off since it was foggy on Friday morning, and found that you can track the flight and watch it progress to the destination.  Very cool.  

Speaking of flights, I haven’t flown in a very long time, but made flight plans for the Tree of Life Samplings retreat in June.  Are you planning to attend?  Did you go last year?    

There has been a little stitching (pun intended) going on.  No finishing, but maybe in time for next year!?  Here is Birds of a Feather, Love and Heart in Hand’s Valentine Bird.  I’ve continued using that 36ct Toasted Coconut linen from Tree of Life.   I’m not the greatest photographer by any stretch of the imagination, and attempting to use the phone’s camera probably wasn’t the best idea, but …
Thanks for popping in today, and I’d love it if you’d say Hey!  I took off that frustrating word identification mess.  What were they thinking – it’s not like we’ve got world secrets here!

Hope you’re having the kind of weekend you love. 



I'm grateful for chilly, gray, drizzling Sunday.

PeaceëLoveëJoy
and Happy Stitching
CharleneSC

22 comments:

  1. lol! Yes, that new word verification thing is awful! I had good timing -- I took mine off a few weeks before the new system kicked in.

    Love your finishes! The BOAF Love piece is one I seriously want to do someday. Nice that your son helped you out and came for a visit. Isn't the flight tracking thing nice? We don't fly much either, but when DH flies on business it's really nice to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful visit! Love your stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I am going to take off the verification too! I thought putting it on moderation would do it, but apparently not... Will investigate more! Your finishes are lovely--I look forward to seeing how you ultimately 'finish' them. I have a pile waiting to be done... maybe today or tomorrow. Did one yesterday--it's a start! Not mine, but... it counts in my experience! Glad you had time with your son--always a good thing! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This new word verification is terrible! I'm glad that you took it off.

    Your finishes are wonderful an I've loved that BOAF piece for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute finishes - well done! Thanks for switching off the word verification, it was driving me crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two cute finishes!! Congratulations on raising such a nice young man for a son. That retreat is the one in Indianapolis, isn't it? I would love to go to meet Vonna, and see all the stitcher people I believe will be there, but since I don't stitch samplers like that, it would be sorta silly. Maybe I will just drive up to say hi to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two nice finishes! Nice to spend time with your son. I'm with "going out" is my best dish! Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute finishes and it was great that you got to spend time with your son. I wish I live closer so I could attend some of these fantastic retreats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your finishes! I am especially fond of the BoaF finish. I did all 4 in the series a couple of years ago but have yet to get them framed. I really need to do that. What a nice son you have!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute finishes, Charlene! Your son sounds like a great guy. :) My daughter LOVES Reubens but you can't get good ones here. We love Karen White books & she just mentioned a character eating a Reuben sandwich in SC--now my daughter wants to move to Charleston when she graduates from college. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute finishes! So nice you had a nice visit with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad you had a nice wisit. Cute stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Valentine/heart finishes! Looking forward to meeting you at Jan's retreat in June.

    Robin in Virginia
    rlbrowninva at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your valentine finishes. Ruebens are on our menu for one night this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Charlene!
    Lovely February stitching!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful you are getting to go on the retreat!!! I just love Jan and I'm sure it will be so much fun!!

    Your stitching is just perfect as usual..Nice... And you a great son! Coming to help momma and granny..Now, that's a good boy!

    Have a great week my friend!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful you are getting to go on the retreat!!! I just love Jan and I'm sure it will be so much fun!!

    Your stitching is just perfect as usual..Nice... And you a great son! Coming to help momma and granny..Now, that's a good boy!

    Have a great week my friend!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful you are getting to go on the retreat!!! I just love Jan and I'm sure it will be so much fun!!

    Your stitching is just perfect as usual..Nice... And you a great son! Coming to help momma and granny..Now, that's a good boy!

    Have a great week my friend!

    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I don't have a son to come and help but I do have a daughter who lives very close by. She spoiled me while I was sick by feeding me -cooking & cleanup - then she got sick. I am finally better and so is she.
    You have more stitching done than I have been able to accomplish. Maybe I need to set aside This is the Day for a while and stitch on something else. Maybe it's stale!
    Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you enjoyed such a nice visit with your son, Charlene. The time does go by too quickly when our guys come home, doesn't it?

    I really love both of your Valentine's Day pieces--I'll have to remember them for my next year's "love" stitching :)

    Am on my way up to NY later today to help out mom with dad... Wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Highly energetic article, I liked that a lot. Maybe there is a part Two? http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...