Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

PALS 2010 Fall Fling

This was the weekend of the PALS Fall Fling retreat at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  I was lucky enough to get in my registration in time, and am I very happy about that!  It was a great time.  I drove down on Thursday through a drizzle most of the way, but that was the only day of questionable weather.  It was beautiful – with daytime moderate 70–low 80’s and chilly nights – perfect beach walking weather!   
I took some 200 pictures, with a large portion of them involving catching the sunrise… and leaving out some of the folks I wanted to capture! I was sure I had some of everyone there, but that’s not the case.




Amy from Down Sunshine Lane is the sponsor of this great event!  I do believe she stopped a couple of times during the event, but they were not often and certainly not long!  Thank you, Amy!!
There was a great registration packet and many lovely gifts and prizes from generous designers and companies who contributed including a nice tote bag.
The central gathering room was open from 8am to 12 midnight, and there was lots of stitching going on most of the time, but other activities, too, like chatting, shopping, eating, games, a few classes, and several exchanges.  Even though I was a first timer, I was made to feel quite welcome.  There were other newbies, too, including my roommate, Stephanie.  We met for the first time Thursday evening, and got along quite well.
The person who came the farthest (not her first time, either) was Fiona [left] from  Scotland.                                                                        There was a Halloween and/or Autumn item exchange on Thursday evening. You can see Patti [right] was really excited to participate!   Here's the one I chose for Halloween, Boo Cat, made by Robin Henderson.  I think it is adorable!  The one I chose for Autumn is by Kathy Hoge.  It is precious, too.  Kathy got sick and had to leave before I met here, but I really do like here work!
  
 
 
Friday evening was the Christmas ornament and the Grab Bag exchange.  There were SEVERAL very popular bags that were swapped around and stolen many times... the Vera bag, the trash can, fabric bolt, paint cans, embroidered PALS bags, sampler box, but the most swapped, I believe, was Santa's Butt.  A very fun event.

 For this event, I received an acorn box ornament with a limited edition of overdyed Fall threads with a note stating that I could see Louise to receive the rest of my prize.  She offered a design or scissors, and you can see which I chose, here!  

For my Christmas ornament, I chose this beaded Santa, and it was made by Kathy Hoge.  Now I believe you can see that I do think Kathy is very talented, and I enjoy her work!  

The second ornament was made by Char - Ohio.  How about that, I, Charlene, chose one made by Char!  Isn't it so lovely?

Then Saturday night was the Stitch Item exchange.  That was loads of fun, too!  I 'finally' received the Stitch Pillow from Susan - TN. 

I also did a little shopping and bought myself a cherry wood split shaker tray!  Isn't it beautiful?

On the way home on Sunday, I stopped at the Home Goods Store there in MB.  Don't I wish we had one of THOSE here locally? 

This was a great retreat!  I certainly will plan to go again next year! 
 Thanks for taking time to stop by and leave a comment if you’d like.  I sure enjoy hearing from you.  Take care, everyone. 
  PeaceLoveJoy
an
d Happy Stitching!
graphicCharleneSC

11 comments:

  1. Love your pictures Charlene. It was so nice seeing you again. You certainly did receive some nice exchange pieces. Like you...I can't wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to meet you! I really enjoyed myself! I kept my eye on the stich pillow you received in the exchange. I thought a long time about stealing it from you but couldn't part with the piece I had. :0) Can't wait til next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really nice to meet you! I had such a great time, if you couldn't tell by all the laughing going on. LOL I can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good time was had by all~~~ So glad you got to come this year.... and like you, I will keep coming back as well.....Thanks for sharing these nice photos~ Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great time! Enjoyed your photos. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures Charlene! It was so good to see you again. Hope to see you in Dec. In Manning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure looks and sounds like a fabulous time. You brought home some gorgeous stitched pieces. Love that Shaker tray you bought too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures! And yes, that is one fine Shaker tray...think I'll get one, too! LOL Thanks so much again - it was great to see you. It was lots of fun, wasn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Charlene! You took some lovely pictures! It was so nice meeting you :) can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so nice to meet you at MB! Wasn't it just the most fun time? I think I get more relaxed at the Fling than I do at any other time.

    If you couldn't tell by my blog, I really love the scissor bed you made. It will stay at my DD's next to my blue stitching chair. (I spend more time at her house than I do my own.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...