Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Here Comes Summer!

Hey, Friends!

Just want to pop in to share that His Eye is on the Sparrow, by Heartstring Samplery, page 4, is stitched.  It was started on January 1, 2015, and that completes row one.  I’m planning to take a little break now to stitch some of my favorite Patriotic pieces.


I don’t think I ever shared with you the piece I stitched to exchange at the Primitive Stitchers Retreat.  It’s from With Thy Needle & Thread, Heart in Hand.  I finished it by placing it into one of the old watch cases.  Also added some tiny buttons, then used some gingham ribbon and bead to complete the necklace.  The recipient seemed to be pleased with it.

If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that I’ve been looking forward to this time for several years.  It’s so close now, I can almost taste it.  I have 15 working days until retirement.  WooHoo!  


Such a nice beginning, with low humidity and bright sunshine today, which makes it seem not so hot.  Hope you’re all enjoying a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend, too!  Take a few minutes to be thankful and remember the brave who gave all.

PeaceLoveJoy
Happy Stitching!

CharleneSC

10 comments:

  1. Very cool piece that you stitched and finished for the PSS retreat exchange! Your Eye on the Sparrow piece is fantastic; glad you finished row 1. Best wishes to you on your upcoming retirement.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Good for you Charlene. Pixie will love having you around more. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eye is a masterpiece, congrats on your progress.
    The necklace is cute.
    Congrats on your retirement, enjoy it!
    Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your first row of His Eye -- looking so good! Hooray for almost being to retirement! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sampler is looking good. Congrats on the upcoming retirement!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sampler is beyond gorgeous!! Congrats on the progress!

    And having done the 'happy dance' myself last June ~ ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so excited. I have been retired for quite a time and love every minute of it! I did love my job too, but this is just great. That is going to be a beautiful sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you enjoy not working! I stopped a year ago, and HOPEFULLY will begin to actually enjoy it soon! The Eye on the Sparrow sampler must be huge, if that is just row one! You did a wonderful job so far! Love the watch fob piece too! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your heart in hand finish is absolutely adorable! I love it Charlene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...