Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter



Hey, Friends!
Remember a few weeks ago I was so excited about being a “winner winner, Chicken Dinner?”  Well, now you can see why I was so excited.  Brenda from With thy Needle& Thread was waiting until the new May Wordplay was released, and then she would send it to me!  Woo Hoo! How lucky am I? The great selection of fibers is even more beautiful in person, and the May Wordplay is just as great as all the others.  Thank you so much, Brenda! 

Several of you were anxious to see what I was going to stitch on the fabric I stained with black walnuts last week.  I decided on The Primitive Needle 1632 Angel.  I wondered if it would ‘fade’ into the stain too much.  I did only use black, buttonhole silk from an old lot I had bought when doing embroidery on Crazy Quilts.  It’s a bit heavier weight, and shows up a little more. How do you think it’s going to look? 

Since it’s Easter weekend, our little family will be gathering for a non-typical meal at some point.  Mom asked if I was going to dye eggs, and I told her I doubt it.  Somehow the brightly colored eggs just didn’t seem like what I wanted to do.  Then over at Posie Gets Cozy (Doesn’t she have gorgeous photos?) I saw her Flowered Eggs.  I knew I had to give the onion-skin dyed eggs a try.  I had mentioned to someone the other day that I had dyed linen in an onion-skin bath before.  It's pretty hard to believe that white eggs turn to this luscious shade of almost brown egg color.  Mine didn’t turn out as great as hers, maybe because I decided to use cheesecloth, but they are just fine for us.  I hope y'all have a wonderful Easter celebration -- eggs or not!

Thanks for stopping by, today and always.  Your kind words are always appreciated!

I'm grateful for a taste of real spring!

PeaceëLoveëJoy
and Happy Stitching
CharleneSC

18 comments:

  1. Love all the threads together! And your new stitches look wonderful on your dyed fabric. And those eggs ~ love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win. Those colors do look wonderfully enticing. You have a great choice of the Angel to stitch on your walnut linen. Wow, I can't wait to see that done.
    I've used the onion skin dye before too and I absolutely love it too. I love what the onion skin did with the dyed eggs too.
    TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you lucky, you! I just love those Word Plays--have bought them all so far--each is cuter than the next :) Can't wait to see May's all stitched up!

    What fun to try the dyeing with onion skins...I had wanted to try dyeing with natural ingredients, too, some day. Maybe next spring?

    Wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter, Charlene :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those eggs on Posey...fabulous. My great aunt used to dye eggs with onion skins, and I always forget to save the onion skins before Easter. Fortunately plenty of others dye eggs so I don't have to this year, but I'd love to try this next year! What did you use that left the green on the egg?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win, you are so right those colours looks scrummy. Your Angel looks great on the fabric with the thread you are using. I find it strange, we are the opposite here in that most of our eggs are brown and we very rearely get white ones. They turned out lovely and the flowers on them look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, nice prize! I can see why you are so thrilled! And your Primitive Needle piece looks great too! The eggs look really cool! We havent' dyed eggs in a long time. Might be fun to try a new technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the egg idea. I haven't seen this idea before so thanks for sharing. Happy Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the eggs look great. What a wonderful idea from Posie.
    The win is wonderful, such yummy colors of floss.
    Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Charlene, I just finished boiling my eggs. We are still doing the brightly colored eggs. I'm doing it with my three teens tonight. :) Easter Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well...I can't think of a more deserving winner~~ LOOK at all that floss~~your eggs are so pretty too~~~ Happy Easter~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your win! Love the way the angel is looking and eggs are a beautiful shade of brown. Congrats all around and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your win. I think you angel is looking great. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on your win! those colors are just gorgeous together! and thanks for sharing the idea of dyeing eggs with onion skins, who knew? not me. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooo well done on such a lovely win :) and love those dyed eggs too and the stitching looks fine from here on that fabric :)
    Happy Easter to you all too :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Easter to you too Charlene! I have to tell you that I know 'Posey's' Mom! She stitched with me week before last, and will be a regular part of our Thursday group! Small world!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Easter! What a great prize you won!

    Those eggs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are lucky - those Wordplay pieces are darling with luscious colors! The fiber you chose for the black walnust stained fabric looks terrific. Those eggs are amazing - I guess there is no end to all the cool things people can think up if they are creative. I just love to follow their lead - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your angel looks great to me! Did you get that same color with onion skin on your linen? I dyed with onion skin years ago and got a golden-yellow-didn't do eggs though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...