Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Cross Stitch Finishes

These are the final finishes for 2014.  They are by Priscilla's Pocket, Stoneware Pinpillows.

32.  December, 2014.

31. December, 2014.



These are from the Snowman Quartet in November/December, 2013 Just Cross Stitch issue.  Stitched on Lakeside 36ct Meadow Rue using DMC and GA fibers.


30.  December, 2014





29.  December, 2014

Here are a few ornaments stitched from the Just Cross Stitch 2014 Ornament issue.  They were fun to stitch, and believe it or not, they're finished!  The Country Cottage Needlework, Joy, was stitched a couple years ago, but just finished.



28. December, 2014

27. December, 2014


26. December, 2014





Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  After dinner was over and the family went home, I got to stitch and finish today Christmas Fruit Basket by Threadwork Primitives.  Because the linen (35ct WDW Mocha) I chose was a bit darker, there were a few substitutions, but I think it is pretty!  
25. November 29, 2014


I finally finished the Primitive Hare Mystery, Early Witches.  It's stitched on 36ct Earthen with recommended DMC.


24.  November 22, 2014


These little cuties (about 2.5 x .75) are from Homespun Elegance Santas a Plenty II.  They're stitched on 32ct Steel Gray 2 over 2 with mostly recommended fibers.  A really fun stitch!  These will be counted as numbers 18-23. November 15, 2014.











Blackbird Designs design, Spell of the Moon.  Started at PALS -- stitched on 35ct Lambswool with recommended fibers.  Here's the before and after of walnut stain.








17.  November 3, 2014

Le'Poulet by Blackbird Designs.  Stitched on 32 ct linen with mostly recommended fibers.  Started at PALS - Stitching at the Beach.
16.  October 26, 2014

Turkey Sausage by Plum Street Samplers.  Stitched on 36 ct Natural Linen with mostly called for fibers.

15. October, 2014










Winter Wienerland by Plum Street Samplers.  Stitched on 36 ct Natural Linen with mostly called for fibers.
14.  September, 2014

You can see the first in the series, Halloweenies, here.


Halloween Delivery by Plum Street Samplers
36 Count, Dark Bunny linen from Hand-Dyed Fibers

See the 'partner' Ghoul Tidings, here.


13.  September 6, 2014




Old Owl by Primitive Acorns


12.  August 15, 2014




One Flag by Hands to Work


11.  July 11, 2014


Civil War Needlebook designed by Nan Lewis.  Great kit!


10.  June 21, 2014




In Full Glory, by Blackbird Designs.  32ct Stone Gray with silk fibers.


9.  June 14, 2014


The patriotic bug has bitten!  Here's Betsy, designed by Sheepish Design.  It's on 36ct using suggested DMC.


8.  May 31, 2014





Stitched Plum Street Samplers, Count Twice, Stitch Once as a reminder!  It's on 40 ct Lambswool.


7.  April 2014



This is a design from the Primitive Hare, finished on 40 ct stash.

6.  4/19/2014


Forever Young (partial) by Heartsting Samplery
40ct  Lakeside Navy Bean


5.  3/10 - 29/2014

Be Ye Kind by Hands to Work

4.  2/26 - 3/7/2014

Angel of Tulips by The Goode Huswife

3.  2/22-25/2014
Stained linen with various Hand-Dyed Fiber silks.















2.  2/17- 21/2014


February Flip It (2001) by Lizzie*Kate.  Since my fabric – linen sample stash – was smaller count, I replaced the charm with a stitched heart, and the recommended DMC. 





Eliza Scattergood by Plum Street Samplers is finished.  She is stitched on 36ct Exemplar using the recommended NPI silks.  I did make a little change to the verse.  The original:
"Eliza Scattergood, her work 1839. When I survey this work of mine, I'm filled with joy and dread.
May Christ my life with his entwine before my days' last thread." 
1.  1/1 - 2/15/2014
My version:
"Eliza Scattergood, her work 1839. When I survey this work of mine, I'm filled with joy and dread.
May 
all my stash be stitched and hung before my days' last thread."  She was a fun project – first finish of 2014.



Updated 5/24/14


17 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo! Awesome. Did you do a little dance with Pixie? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous finishes you shared with us, Charlene! I think my favorites are Full Glory, Old Owl and the 2 Hands to Work pieces.

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful projects!!! You have been a very busy stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You have been busy! Such great finishes lady
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely seeing all your finishes together like this! Wow! You've been doing great this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the change you made to the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done such great pieces this year, Charlene! Love each and everyone, but Betsy is my favorite. I made a counting mistake last year with mine and never got back to it--need to remedy that by next summer :)

    Really impressive to see your 2014 line-up--and the year's not over yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you've been busy!
    All great finishes.
    I wish Hands To Work was still designing, she had some great designs.
    Love the change you've made to the verse on Eliza.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing finishes Charlene! Lots to ooh and aah over! Betsy is beautiful and I like your change to the verse...very fitting for us stitchers :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I was going to compliment you on the first finish but then there was another and another and another!! Amazing job on all - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lot of great finishes. You have been really busy. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lots of finishes, each as gorgeous as the next! Congrats! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Charlene, you may not have done much blogging this past summer, but you sure did a whole lot of beautiful stitching! Thanks for sharing it, and it's so good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW I love everything you have stitched, especially One Flag I love it.... I have Betsy in my to do pile I hope to stitch her one of these days :)
    Wishing you a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing all together is awesome!!!! You are a fantastic stitcher with blazing needles.... Good feeling, I'm sure! You rock~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome collection of finishes! You've been busy. Thank you for sharing. It is inspiring!
    Cathy
    CraftyCat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Moly Lady, you sure have been busy. LOVE LOVE those snowmen... How did I miss this series??

    Loving ALL of your finishes. I see a few that I have in my to do basket, maybe 2015 will be the year of massive finishing for me.

    Wishing you a very happy and heatlhy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...