Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring Weather?

Hey, Friends!
It’s Saturday morning, and here I sit at my desk computer, with the thoughts of filing taxes at hand.  Do you think I’ve procrastinated just as long as possible?  Nah I’ll sort through this stash and put it away, throw out some envelopes, shop a bit, pay a couple of bills, read your blogs, wash a load of towels.  I’d like to say Thank You, Mr. Lincoln!Traditionally, Tax Day falls on April 15 unless that day happens to be on a Saturday, Sunday or federal holiday. In 2011, April 15 meets none of those criteria -- it falls on a Friday, and there's no federal holiday that day. You have Abraham Lincoln to thank for your extra couple of days. You see, in 2011, Washington, D.C., will celebrate Emancipation Day on April 15, a day earlier than normal, since April 16 falls on a Saturday. Emancipation Day marks the anniversary of the day that President Lincoln signed the Compensated Emancipation Act which freed 3,100 slaves in the District of Columbia. In observance of the DC holiday,Tax Day will be moved forward one business day, this year landing it on Monday, April 18.  OK - enough of the history lesson!

I’m very proud to say that I won the drawing from Stitching Dreams, Carol’s beautiful blog, and want you to see that Spring came in from my mailbox last week!  The sweetest ornament is hanging on my ornie tree and so much more precious in person, as lovely artwork usually is! 
They’re forecasting another weekend like last, with storms and tornado possibilities.  I tried to get some shots of the hail.  We’ll have to see how those came out not the greatest, but you’ll get an idea of how quickly it came down mostly dime size, but some nickel and a few quarters.  I do hear a little rumble off in the distance, and the rain is coming down!
Stitching is continuing on Bunny & Co. and I’m enjoying it, but ready to get it finished and move on to the next.  With just a few threads each night, progress is slow.  Did I mention that this is the Spring Framing Special at my LNS, The Stitch and Frame Shop?  I took my BBD  'Winter Wonderland' yesterday and we spent nearly an hour looking at different choices.  Peggy has to be one of the most patient women!  I love the choice I made for this one, and have picked two frame pieces that I truly love, but didn’t suit as well for this project.  I think it will be perfect for Anniversaries of the Heart!
Thanks for stoppping by today, and I really do enjoy hearing whatever you have to say!  Hope to get by to see you soon, too! 
PeaceëLoveëJoy
and Happy Stitching
Charlene
SC
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I'm right there with yah ~ I got through the income portion of my taxes this morning and decided I needed to buy groceries. And gosh, why not stop by the bookstore on the way home so I can read a little this afternoon? Then the lemon cookies I had bought got opened up and when I sat down at the computer, it just seemed natural to surf a few blogs before getting back to the taxes. Yes, thank Abe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are through with those pesky taxes by now!!! We were surprised at the hail you got last weekend...hope you were spared today.

    Can't wait to see your framed piece.... hope you find time to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cant wait to see your framing~~~ I need to get on with having some of my larger pieces framed. Hope you made it through the bad storms tonight...we are at Cherry Grove and it was touch and go for a while, but no damage, thank goodness... And, we were under a tornado watch back at our home in NC, and were spared there as well....Hope you were too...Nasty weather!!

    Hope you have those taxes ready to be mailed!!! Take care, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the nasty weather passed you by! One tornado watch in WI a few summers ago was plenty for me. They are scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your win.

    Hope you don't get those storms! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're enjoying the Spring ornament, Charlene :)

    You're so lucky to have a wonderful framer nearby--can't wait to see Winter Wonderland all framed up. It is one of my favorites...

    Hope the taxes are done by now--not a pleasant time of year, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you made it through the storms okay. That little ornament is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your win!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...