Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Giving Thanks

Hey, Friends!  Thank you all SO much for your encouragement on the gall bladder attack and removal surgery.  I went for the post op visit and everything is fine.  I need to get blood work done, and will go back to work on Monday, November 29.  It’s over, and I’m progressing well.  The surprise has been how long it is taking to get my strength back, but they keep telling me to take it easy.  You know, if these four little incisions cause this much pain, etc, how in the world does anyone survive a tummy tuck!

I’ve been very lucky recently!  DJ from Tickled Pink in Stitches had a drawing on her blog for a Prairie Schooler, Stitch to Win Against Breast Cancer chart and the cutest pink Little Gems with a precious pink and green scissor fob.  How lucky am I?  Then Pat Winter at Gatherings had a drawing for a $30 spending trip at the CSN Stores and I was the lucky winner there, too.  Thank you SO much ladies!  I’ll post when I complete the prizes! 
If everything goes as planned, Thanksgiving dinner will be a bit smaller and the house less sparkling than usual, but will follow the tradition of being here.  DS is coming to help, so I won’t have to lift the gobbler, etc.
On the stitching side of things, I didn’t win the argument…previous statement… “And here I sit, arguing with myself that I don’t need to start collecting the Blackbird Designs Anniversaries of the Heart series.  They’re all ordered and awaiting arrival have now arrived.
Yes, I’ve been doing some stitching, but don’t want to post the things I’ve been working on since there MAY be a couple of gifties in the group.  I will try to remember to get photos before they leave to show you later.   
Thanks for stopping by today for a visit and I always love to read your Needler’s Points.  Again, thank you so much for sharing your experiences, kind words, prayers, and positive thoughts.  I know that’s why I wasn’t fearful in the least.  Have a great weekend preparing for your Thanksgiving! 
PeaceLoveJoy
and Happy Stitching
graphicCharleneSC

16 comments:

  1. So glad to hear everything went well. Take it easy while you can and make the most of it because you'll be back at work before you know it! I had 3 weeks off when I had my surgery. Look forward to seeing your stitching on the Blackbird designs! Hugs, Ally xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your on the mend. Nice wins for you
    Happy Thanksgivng!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear you're on the mend! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are starting to feel better and back in blogland. Congratulations on the two giveaways, you lucky girl. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your surgery is over and you are feeling better. As for the pain of four little holes? I have a six inch scar from my gall bladder. That one took 6 weeks from surgery to back to work. :) I truley hope yours doens't take that long. :)
    Congrats on the giveaway wins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Charlene, Thanks for the update!! I was hoping you are taking care of yourself and sounds like you have moved to slow gear (which is where you should be!!).... Plenty time for everything else, so take care of YOU!!!

    Glad things are progressing well, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy to hear everything went well with your surgery and that you are on the mend. Been there done that and it takes a while. Just take it easy and get plenty of rest.
    I love the Anniversaries of the Heart and would love to stitch them someday.(sigh)
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear your surgery went well, Charlene...good luck with your recovery. It is a good excuse to just sit and stitch :)

    Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so good to hear everything went well! I am happy now! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you are recouping.Take it easy while you can.Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you are on the mend, and be sure to take good care of yourself.

    Congratulations on your wins, and I hope you enjoy stitching the Anniversaries of the Heart series as much as I have (even though I've only stitched the first two so far!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Charlene. So glad all went well on your surgery and you are now on mends. Do take it easy though. I am glad you decided to get the BBD, Anniv... of the Heart Series and I look forward to stitching with you.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog also. I am blessed by your visit.
    Take it easy now.
    Hugs.
    Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are doing better and can still rest during this week. Love the gifties and you'll be glad you got the Anniv. of the Heart - so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad to hear that you're recovering well! Take it easy... enjoy having the excuse to do so while you can! ;) Congrats on the win! I can't wait to see your Anniversaries start. It is such a fun sampler!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...