Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Bit Cooler?

Hasn’t it been pleasant this weekend – at least in the morning.  I went out first thing, it was almost – cool.  Can’t believe I’m typing those letters!  School started in our area last week, and on the day it was to start when we went out for morning walk, I noticed some volunteer, blue morning glories among my overgrown front flower bed.  It brought back memories… being on my childhood home front porch in my brown plaid dress waiting for friends to come by so we could walk to school together and noticing the morning glories for the first time of the season. 
In those days, pants were now allowed, much less shorts!!  And we went to a neighborhood school, so yes, we walked.  And now, the old thermometer on the monitor tells me it has risen 10 degrees in the last couple of hours, so back to realityJ.
This week I received the gift I won from Beach Cottage Stitchers blogiversary giveaway.  Cynthia allowed me to choose the item of my choice from her store, so I chose Alyce Schroth Sampler Recreations ~101 Pennsylvania German Sampler.  Aren’t those silks scrumptious?  Thank you so much, Cynthia. 

Yesterday I went to a class at my LNS, The Stitch and Frame Shop, to have hands-on learning to do a flat fold.  It was a great class – thank you, Maggie!  I used some tiny beaded trim from Hobby Lobby, and the fabric I selected as the ‘door prize’ at the Manning-French Hen stitch day. I think it turned out very well, and believe there will be more of these to come!   Thanks for dropping by, and I’d love to hear your thoughts today!  I always appreciate what you have to say.
    PeaceLoveJoy
an
d Happy Stitching!graphicCharleneSC

8 comments:

  1. Love that finish, Charlene! It feels like fall here, only 53 this morning! Summer sure flew by....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your flat fold finish, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your prize!!! And also on the weather. I sure don't miss that humidity one bit. LOL.

    Big Hugs from the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finish! So looking for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been lucky with some wonderful cool mornings, Charlene, but boy does it heat up quickly. Supposed to be 90 through Wednesday!

    What a wonderful prize you won and your flatfold is just perfect! How nice to have some hands-on instruction...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still hot here, wish it would cool down. Maggie must have had a wonderful class and instructions, the flatfold are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely finish, Charlene! Congrats on the win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great giveaway! You did a fabulous job on the flat fold. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...