Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2007

New Old Threads

While I was searching on Etsy.com, I found these threads. They were from someones mother and aunt, so they're older, are mostly size 70, and they are different colors than I've seen in the stores. Notice the little holder in the left of the pic. The thread inside was mine, but just wanted to see if it would fit. You probably know that it's to hold the thread while in use so it won't tangle or get dirty. I had never seen one made specifically for that purpose. The ones in the store are primarily for knitting thread, big, bulky, and rather expensive! I love this tiny one!

4 comments:

  1. You're going to love working with those. Lovely colors:)
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  2. At one time, I remember it being popular to take the little pantyhose cases, clear ones, and put a hole one end for these threads. Also the containers from gumball machines...don't remember the exact ones, but both were just the right size for this size ball of thread. The colors are the newer ones - gorgeous, aren't they?
    :-) Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors! You find the neatest buys on there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what pretty colors, I especially like the variegated rose, what a nice find.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for sharing your advice, comments, and remarks with me! I love hearing what you have to say! Please come back again soon...